Mark is a partner in our Property Department having previously worked in both the West End of London and the City of London since beginning his legal career in 2012. Mark has developed expertise in the acquisition and disposal and leasing of various commercial asset classes (including industrial, logistics and retail shopping centres) as well as in high value residential real estate.
Mark’s clients value his commercial, pro-active and practical advice and his ability to find commercial solutions to complex legal issues which may arise during a transaction, together with his unwavering positivity and sense of humour. As a result, Mark is seen as a friend and confidant to his clients and acts as a sounding board in respect of their wider business interests.
In addition to practising law, Mark believes in the importance of building and developing relationships and has been considered a rising star in the property industry due to his wide contact base and willingness to network and develop relationships.
Mark’s expertise and how he can help you:
- Acquisitions and disposals (acting for both buyer and seller) in connection with freehold
and/or leasehold properties;
- Asset management for landlord clients with large portfolios of properties;
- Acquisitions and site-assembly together with the disposals of residential and/or mixed-use developments;
- Complex agreements for lease involving landlord and/or tenant works and/or planning conditionality;
- Acting for both landlords and tenants in connection with the drafting and/or negotiation of leases and ancillary documents;
- Land Options, Promotion Agreements and Overage Agreements;
- Acting on behalf of borrowers in property finance transactions.
Recent examples of how Mark has helped clients:
- Acquisition of two shopping centres with exchange of contracts in each case achieved within 5 working days;
- The disposal of a HNWI’s flagship property in London’s West End for circa £20,000,000;
- Site-assembly and onward sales of one of London’s prime developments in Mayfair;
- Acting on behalf of a well-known co-living operator in connection with its portfolio of PRS properties;
- Acting on behalf of an offshore entity in respect of the acquisition and financing of the entire share capital of a company operating student accommodation in Newcastle.