How do we help our clients?
Employment law impacts on businesses and individuals almost every day of or their working lives. It is a dynamic, rapidly changing area of law and the consequences of “getting it wrong” can be catastrophic. We provide a comprehensive employment and HR law service for both employers and employees.
How can we help Employers?
- We can provide support and advice on matters such as: disciplinary and grievances, discrimination holiday pay, working time issues, maternity/paternity rights, sickness absence, etc.
- We can deliver up to date and best practice contracts and handbooks to ensure legal compliance – including atypical workers such zero hours, part-time, seasonal and flexible workers.
- We can guide you through business reorganisations including transfer of undertakings, redundancies and reorganisations and mergers.
- We aim to keep our clients out of the courts but where this is not possible we provide full representation in Employment Tribunals and Employment Appeals Tribunal - including full advocacy services.
- We can act on the enforcement of post-termination restrictions and avoid the abuse of intellectual property and confidentiality.
How can we help Employees?
- We can advise across the full ambit of employment rights – including parental rights, discrimination, ill health and whistleblowing.
- We can provide high quality and practical advice that will protect your rights and future career.
- Advice on contractual terms including bonuses, benefits, share schemes and post termination restrictions.
- Clear, efficient advice on termination arrangements including settlement agreements;
- Tribunal and court representation.
- Settlement Agreements.
Who do we act for in employment law?
Our employment team has experience across diverse sectors such as:
- Property & construction;
- Transport & shipping;
- Financial services;
- High tech; and
- Media & advertising.
What are our areas of expertise?
We provide practical, commercial and results focused advice in all areas of employment law.
Our expertise includes day to day advice, contracts and handbooks, disciplinary and grievance processes, maternity and family friendly rights, sickness absence, reorganisations and redundancies, transfer of undertakings and mergers, all types of employment claims (tribunals and county/high court), whistleblowing, discrimination and post-termination issues such confidentiality & competition.
Details of pricing and fees
We will explain to you the funding options and the likely costs involved at every stage of your employment matter. We understand how important it is for you to have complete transparency regarding the likely costs of the work we perform for you. Accordingly, we go to great lengths to ensure that you are happy with our fee quotation and fully understand likely future costs and to ensure that the fees match the work required.
We will provide you with regular updates on the progress of your matter and how this relates to any monies we hold on account for you.
We are flexible on fees and offer, amongst other fixed fees:
- set retainer fees for the day to day advice which covers telephone and email advice and support so that you don’t have to .
- fixed fees for the preparation of contracts and handbooks for as little as £1500 (plus VAT) for both.
- fixed fees for all other services such as settlement agreements, tribunals and other claims
What transactions have we worked on recently?
Our employment team has recently advised on two major mergers in the shipping and property sectors successfully guiding employer clients through the process of collective consultation on the transfer and ensuing reorganisation and redundancies. Both matters had international elements and involved careful management of industrial relations across diverse interests.