Partner - Property
Ian is a partner in the property team at CBG. He has spent most of his career at boutique property firms in the West End. He joined CBG in 2013 and was promoted to the partnership in 2014.
He has a broad practice covering both the commercial and residential sectors. He acts for a wide range of clients including plcs, private companies, investment vehicles and individuals, several of which are based overseas.
Ian has particular expertise in development work and acts for a number of clients on development projects including site assembly, funding, development agreements and construction aspects.
Within the commercial property sector Ian has a depth of experience in acting for restaurant and bar operators. He is particularly well known for advising start-ups and growing brands in establishing themselves in the London market. He acts also for a number of operators on the roll out of their brands.
On residential matters Ian acts on both freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals including auctions. He has acted for clients on a number of high value acquisitions in excess of £5M to include all funding aspects.
Ian speaks fluent German and is a member of the German Speaking Lawyers’ Association.
Ian’s expertise and how he can help you
- Acquisition and disposal of commercial and residential premises and mixed use developments.
- Auctions acquisitions and disposals.
- Landlord and tenant letting and management work.
- Advising developers on projects including construction aspects and funding.
- Secured lending and bridging finance.
- Advising restaurant and bar operators on lettings (including temporary pop-up arrangements), acquisitions and disposals.
Recent examples of how Ian has helped clients
- Advising a developer on a mixed use (retail/office/residential) development including site assembly, funding, rights to light agreements, construction procurement documents and pre-let/sale agreements.
- Acting for a number of restaurant operators on the opening of new branches.
- Acting for a tech company on the letting of flagship central London headquarters.
- Advising property developers/traders on a number of complex acquisition and sub-sale projects.