Senior Partner - Property
Peter is our senior partner and one of the founding partners of Collins Benson Goldhill. With over 35 years’ experience of representing major commercial and residential property developers, he is renowned for the depth of his knowledge of the UK commercial property market. Peter has developed a particular expertise in the management, regeneration and financing of shopping centres.
Peter’s clients range from high profile national operators in the retail and restaurant sectors to SMEs and HNWIs. His astute and common sense approach to complex and sensitive negotiations is valued by both businesses and individuals.
Not just a lawyer however, also wise counsel on a variety of topics not least of all his beloved Rotherham United football club. Peter was Chairman of the club in 2005/6, leading a group of supporters who were charged with the responsibility of keeping the club alive during a difficult period in its history.
Peter's expertise and how he can help you
- Management and regeneration for landlords with portfolios of retail units and shopping centres.
- Buying and selling commercial and residential properties ranging from mixed-use developments to investment properties, on behalf of developers, investors and private individuals.
- Financing commercial and mixed-use properties.
- Landlord and tenant issues, including negotiating commercial leases, lease renewals and dilapidation claims.
- Managing legal aspects of restaurateur clients' new store development programmes.
Recent examples of how Peter has helped clients
- Advising on the development and pre-letting agreement with a major supermarket chain for the £50m redevelopment/refurbishment of part of a south east London shopping centre.
- Representing a high profile developer on the multiple construction, pre-letting and funding arrangements for a further development of a north west London suburban shopping centre and its on-going management.