How do we help our clients?
CBG Law provide clients with comprehensive, commercially minded legal advice.
With over 25 years’ experience of commercial property work, we have acted for clients on the development, management, financing and disposal of a number of landmark developments in London as well as out of town retail and mixed-use schemes, shopping centres and industrial parks.
Our team of specialists have expertise in all commercial property sectors including retail, office, industrial, and leisure.
CBG Law is also one of the UK’s leading firms of restaurant property law experts.
Whether your property is located in London or elsewhere, our team has the knowledge and experience to guide you through to all aspects of any commercial property transaction.
We also advise clients on funding their transaction including secured lending from high street lenders, specialist finance institutions and bridging loans.
Who do we act for in commercial property transactions?
CBG Law acts for both landlords and tenants, and buyers and sellers which enables us to anticipate most of the issues that typically arise during the course of a transaction. Broadly speaking our clients include following:
- Property developers;
- Property investors;
- Commercial landlords;
- Commercial tenants including retailers, restaurateurs and those seeking office space; and
- Lenders including UK clearing banks, specialist property lenders and bridging institutions.
What are our areas of expertise?
- Property acquisitions and disposals;
- Acquisition and development funding;
- Development work from initial site assembly through development aspects to the letting and disposal stages;
- Acting for lenders;
- All aspects of landlord and tenant work including the negotiation of leases and ancillary documents such as agreements for lease, rent deposit deeds and licences;
- Advising on restaurant and bar premises including acting for start-up ventures and established brands;
- Auction acquisitions and disposals; and
- Joint Venture Agreements.
Details of pricing and fees
Our aim is to be your long term strategic partner. It is important therefore that we agree with you at the outset a fee structure for dealing with your matter.
We will explain to you the funding options and the likely costs involved in managing your transaction. We understand how important it is for you to have complete transparency regarding the likely costs of the work we perform for you. We go to great lengths to ensure that you are happy with our fee quotation and are fully aware of any likely future costs.
What transactions have we worked on recently?
Here are examples of our areas of expertise and how we help our clients:
- Acting on the disposal of several landmark mixed use shopping centres;
- Assisting numerous restaurant operators on the roll-out of their brands at prestigious central London developments;
- The re-financing of a landmark mixed use scheme in North London;
- Advising a national cinema chain on the acquisition of new sites.
Meet the Commercial Property Team
Our commercial property team is led by our senior Partner, Peter Ruchniewicz. Widely acknowledged as a leading expert in the field, Peter has a deep understanding of the needs of commercial property investors and developers and is well equipped to provide balanced and sensible advice.
Sammi is a very experienced commercial property lawyer. She is known for her expertise in the field of restaurant acquisition and disposals. Many of Sammi’s clients are well known high street restaurant chains.
Ian’s experience spans a broad range of commercial property work from advising investment managers of shopping centres to occupiers of offices and industrial premises. He is also particularly well regarded in the restaurant and leisure sector and acts for a number of up-and-coming food outlet brands some of which have successfully made the transition from pop-up to permanent restaurants.
Alex regularly acts on the acquisition, development and disposal of mixed use schemes. He also has considerable experience of landlord and tenant work for shopping centre investors and assisting business occupiers in the restaurant and leisure sectors.
A vastly experienced commercial property lawyer, Laurence now concentrates on the Town and Country Planning aspects of commercial property development and management particularly planning agreements with local authorities arising from planning applications and otherwise.
Why not come in and meet us to discuss your commercial property requirements? The meeting would be completely without obligation and we can discuss all aspects of your transaction and provide you with a competitive fee quotation.